Our Primary Focus is Providing Innovative and Reliable Dental Care for Our Patients.
You will notice that the majority of dental problems can be avoided with basic hygiene and care. However, there are situations that may occur where more direct treatment is needed. Gum treatment is important as it will reduce bacteria, keep your gums healthy and preserve the health of your entire mouth. Flossing and brushing are great but you may also need additional help to maintain healthy gums. Here are some simple but effective ways to keep your gums healthy:
- Flossing: Try to do this each day, at least once. However, if you can do it after eating that is good as well. If your gums are bleeding at first it is common. However, if the bleeding continues, especially if you’ve been flossing for a few weeks then you need to see a dentist.
- Brushing: By brushing your teeth twice a day and also using fluoride toothpaste you will see the health of your gums improve. Just like with flossing if you notice blood at first or soreness do not be alarmed but if it continues you need to see a dentist. Adding mouthwash will also help.
- Remove unhealthy substances: Smoking, chewing tobacco, chewing on non-food items and things like this are not healthy for your gums and need to be stopped.
- Dentist visits: You should see your dentist every six months for inspection and a more thorough cleaning.
When it comes to hygiene and gum treatment, Dr. Julia Dison is your top choice. Our staff has helped hundreds of patients improve the quality of their gums and will work with you to find the best course of action to take. In some cases you simply need to change a few habits at home, in other cases there is major work that needs to be done. We will examine the issue, find the cause and provide you with the best solution to fix it. We separate ourselves from the rest because:
- Not your average dentist: When you go to get some dental work done you want to know that the team you go to can handle everything, not just one or two things. The same Miami dentist who handles your cleanings should be able to handle root canals, implant restoration, veneers and cosmetic dentistry, crowns & bridges, dentures, whitening and everything else that you may come across and need help with.
- Family friendly: We work very hard to make sure we are family-friendly because we know that if you love our services you are going to want to bring your kids, your parents, your friends and everyone else to us as well. We appreciate the loyalty our customers have and we make sure we do everything possible to earn and keep that loyalty.
- Encourage healthier habits: One of the problems we have is when we help a patient get a beautiful, healthy smile and months later the work is barely noticeable because it wasn’t properly maintained. That’s why we will take some time with each appointment to go over proper techniques for maintaining as well as improving your oral health. Improving the health of your gums is a full-time job and we want you to have the knowledge needed to succeed.
CALL 305-600-5454 TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT TODAY!
October 12, 2021
Biological dentistry, or holistic dentistry, is the wave of the future when it comes to…
October 6, 2021
When just a few teeth are missing and the surrounding tissue and teeth are strong,…
October 4, 2021
If you have lost a tooth due to accident, decay, or injury, dental implants are…
October 2, 2021
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reports that about 13.2 percent of children…
September 20, 2021
Cosmetic facial procedures are an excellent way to rejuvenate the skin and create a new,…
September 15, 2021
If you would like to fix your smile, you have a few different options when…
September 7, 2021
Getting used to immediate dentures in place of removed teeth can take some time, but…
September 3, 2021
When it comes to teeth whitening, it’s not just about the products you choose to…