Our Primary Focus is Providing Innovative and Reliable Dental Care for Our Patients.
You will notice that the majority of dental problems can be avoided with basic hygiene and care. However, there are situations that may occur where more direct treatment is needed. Gum treatment is important as it will reduce bacteria, keep your gums healthy and preserve the health of your entire mouth. Flossing and brushing are great but you may also need additional help to maintain healthy gums. Here are some simple but effective ways to keep your gums healthy:
- Flossing: Try to do this each day, at least once. However, if you can do it after eating that is good as well. If your gums are bleeding at first it is common. However, if the bleeding continues, especially if you’ve been flossing for a few weeks then you need to see a dentist.
- Brushing: By brushing your teeth twice a day and also using fluoride toothpaste you will see the health of your gums improve. Just like with flossing if you notice blood at first or soreness do not be alarmed but if it continues you need to see a dentist. Adding mouthwash will also help.
- Remove unhealthy substances: Smoking, chewing tobacco, chewing on non-food items and things like this are not healthy for your gums and need to be stopped.
- Dentist visits: You should see your dentist every six months for inspection and a more thorough cleaning.
When it comes to hygiene and gum treatment, Dr. Julia Dison is your top choice. Our staff has helped hundreds of patients improve the quality of their gums and will work with you to find the best course of action to take. In some cases you simply need to change a few habits at home, in other cases there is major work that needs to be done. We will examine the issue, find the cause and provide you with the best solution to fix it. We separate ourselves from the rest because:
- Not your average dentist: When you go to get some dental work done you want to know that the team you go to can handle everything, not just one or two things. The same Miami dentist who handles your cleanings should be able to handle root canals, implant restoration, veneers and cosmetic dentistry, crowns & bridges, dentures, whitening and everything else that you may come across and need help with.
- Family friendly: We work very hard to make sure we are family-friendly because we know that if you love our services you are going to want to bring your kids, your parents, your friends and everyone else to us as well. We appreciate the loyalty our customers have and we make sure we do everything possible to earn and keep that loyalty.
- Encourage healthier habits: One of the problems we have is when we help a patient get a beautiful, healthy smile and months later the work is barely noticeable because it wasn’t properly maintained. That’s why we will take some time with each appointment to go over proper techniques for maintaining as well as improving your oral health. Improving the health of your gums is a full-time job and we want you to have the knowledge needed to succeed.
CALL 305-600-5454 TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT TODAY!
July 27, 2021
The term “oral surgery” refers to a range of maxillofacial surgeries that mend and repair…
July 16, 2021
If your dental professional surprised you by saying that you might need to lose a…
July 10, 2021
Dentures that fall out of the mouth easily when talking, eating, or drinking are an…
July 7, 2021
If you believe that correcting a deep bite, or overbite, may help to improve your…
June 30, 2021
Root canals are exceptionally common procedures that should not be postponed or avoided if they…
June 15, 2021
Dental implant restoration is the process of replacing a tooth by implanting a new one…
June 12, 2021
Are you struggling with pain in your mouth due to damaged or missing teeth, or…
June 8, 2021
Both endodontics and periodontics can be crucial to overall mouth health. What Is Periodontics? Periodontics…