Holistic dental care is available for tooth extraction, a practice that is gentle and takes into consideration the whole person.
In addition to the holistic practices applied to the tooth extraction itself, there are holistic dental care options for aftercare as well.
What Is Holistic Dentistry Tooth Extraction?
Holistic dentistry makes use of biocompatible dental materials and uses minimally invasive techniques to lessen discomfort and the development of future issues.
Specifically, holistic tooth extraction includes:
- Minimal force that removes every bit of the unsalvageable tooth, including the periodontal ligament that connected that tooth to the jaw.
- Soft tissue removal, as needed.
- The use of ozone and oxygen gas to kill bacteria.
- The use of platelet rich fibrin (PRF) to encourage bone healing.
- Sutures to close everything up.
What About Holistic Dentistry Home Care After Tooth Extraction?
There are a number of holistic options for aftercare to help heal the area after you have a tooth extraction, as well as some things to avoid:
- Do not brush the area where the tooth has been extracted or use toothpaste.
- If the extraction site is still bleeding through the sutures, you may try wetting a tea bag and putting it on top of the site. Bite down and hold it in place for about an hour.
- If you experience pain and want to avoid over-the-counter painkillers, you may opt to put a few drops of clove oil on a Q-tip and swipe it over the extraction site. Just make sure not to swallow any clove oil.
- Another holistic pain management option is to take an arnica tablet with a full glass of water, according to label instructions.
- To keep the site clean, if you don’t want to use over-the-counter mouthwashes, you may swish with 3% hydrogen peroxide and warm water for about 30 seconds.
Where Do I Access Holistic Dentistry Near Me?
Dison Family Dentistry offers holistic dental treatment options, including holistic tooth extraction. Call now for an appointment.