The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reports that about 13.2 percent of children between ages 5 and 9 have dental caries (or cavities) that are untreated. Similarly, about 25.9 percent of all adults are also walking around with dental issues that require dental treatment, but they are not getting the help they need.
The key to getting and keeping a healthy mouth is regular care and treatment by a provider who is able to provide a range of dental treatment services.
Instead of looking for a children’s dentist or a dentist who does basic routine care and refers out more in-depth problems, it’s generally recommended to find a family dentist that can care for all family matters in the same location.
Gentle Family Dentistry
Start with seeking out a family dentistry practice that provides gentle dental care. No matter what the issue you’re facing, it is important to be cared for by people who are courteous and kind.
You will also need to make sure that your family dentist group of choice:
- Accepts your insurance.
- Has the respect and approval of others in the community.
- Has all the right credentials, degrees, and specializations as well as all the equipment and technology that will make them more efficient at their job.
- Offers a range of dental services from routine care to more complex procedures, emergency care, and more.
All the Dental Services You Need
Though you may not currently have an oral cancer diagnosis, require crowns or braces, or need periodontal disease treatment, it is a good idea to choose a dental care office that can care for all these things and more.
Here are some dental services to look for:
- Pediatric dentistry
- Orthodontic treatment, including Invisalign treatment
- Treatment for cavities, crowns, bridges, and more
- Tooth extractions, including wisdom teeth
- Routine care and preventative care
- Cosmetic dentistry
- Gum disease prevention and treatment
- Periodontal care
Are You Looking for Family Dentistry?
Reach out to Dison Dentistry to set up a consultation appointment and get started.