Root canals are a common practice in the world of dentistry, with more than 15 million performed each year.
Depending on the nature of the issue being addressed, it can be an uncomfortable process. For that reason, many understandably choose to seek alternative options whenever possible.
Holistic Alternatives to Root Canals
The good news is that there are a number of holistic dentistry options that can replace standard root canal treatment.
Most of the time, tooth extraction and irrigation will be a required first step, but after that, some possible alternative options may include the following:
- Dental crowns: Though many people assume that you cannot have a dental crown without a root canal, it is more than possible to install a crown whenever a tooth requires a bit more structure, support, or aesthetic enhancement.
- Zirconia implants: Zirconia is a biocompatible tooth option that can be used to replace a tooth root. It is then topped with a dental crown.
- Removable partial dentures: Though these need to be removed and cleaned after every meal, they are another option to replace a traditional root canal.
- Fixed bridges: If it is necessary to extract the tooth and replace it permanently, another holistic option is a ceramic bridge that creates a natural-looking tooth and connects it to the other teeth.
- Dental implants: Though this is hardly less complicated than a root canal, it is another biocompatible option that can be explored.
Should I Choose a Holistic Alternative to a Root Canal?
Each person’s situation is different, and root canals may be recommended for different reasons. Depending on whether it is an infection, injury, abscess, decay, or a combination of problems triggering the need for dental treatment, different holistic options may be more or less advisable.
Reach out to Dison Family Dentistry today to set up an appointment and learn more about the options that will be most appropriate for your situation.